A Poem By Opal; Fortress
Okay here is another of Opal’s poems. There’s a great deal of beauty in this piece. In fact some might feel that she has perfectly captured how they felt at one time or another.
For those new to the poems I have posted from Opal, she is my first born Daughter. A leader a firestorm. She works today as a Child Therapist. Has worked in Prisons with Malefactors. She cried on the day she had finished working with them. Their hearts walked out the prison gates when she did.
Mine and Opal’s comments will follow combined.
You don’t know me
You think you do
You want to love me
But you have no proof
I am just an illusion
I allow no intrusion
I won’t let you in
So don’t bother to begin
You can try and try
But I wont let you pry
You will only get so far
I will not let you add to my scars
These walls I have built, over the years
They consist of my pain, sorrow and tears
I won’t let you in
I will put up a fight
You can stay for a year
You can stay for the night
You’re wasting your time
You won’t penetrate
This fortress around me
Regardless of how long you wait
I won’t be like them
I won’t fall for the lies
I won’t believe in your love
I will be the first to say goodbye
I chose you because you’re the same as me
The same walls, the same fortress, the same desperate plea
Leave me alone
Stay far away
I will come out to play
When I get lonely,
When I need more,
But inevitably, I will run and hide
Behind the safety of that locked door.
Above lies the end of the Poem. The assessments following were arrived at by my Daughter Opal and I after some discussion.
- Opal had spent cumulative years where she kept picking the wrong man. The relationships fell apart, were doomed to fall apart from the get go. This verdict is more fashioned after her thoughts than mine, but don’t be deceived, given more of a challenge, she would read much more into developing a summary than this (you will glimpse that..)
- She developed a plan, we all do. A shell even. The plan is reduced to a shell. The Tortoise.
- Given what the poem displays, there is actually some additional pain of a different kind now procured by the formula.
- Actually we might account this as a dispensation, like all such, possessing proclaimed parameters. A kingdom making attempts to remodel self that it might find the best format.
The proceeding will be to start with, some prognosis (her individual conclusions).
- She spent, in the end some time believing that she sought out these mates in search of substituting where I had failed her as a Father (Which I had, according to the ideology of Fatherhood).
- Look at it like this; By qualifying me, she qualified herself. Like a Circle, a thought which requires that it be circular for impact, for effect, for value.
Now, this is important……
I have orchestrated a change up here. From here onward you will play an important, huge roll in this post. You will do the tying up of the post loose ends on your own. Fortunately what I will supply: A conversation between Opal and I will assist you in coming to a conclusion (unheard of).
I can be reached at; email@example.com, and
https://firstname.lastname@example.org, and at Facebook as Miguel Angel Oquendo. (Mickey, of Huachuca City, Az.)
Or you can contact these folk; Rev. Bob Schembre (Missouri), or Ministerio APG (My Brother, Pastor Angel L. Oquendo, Spanish and English, Florida) both on Facebook.